Citiizens Advice logo

Edenbridge & Westerham Citizens Advice

Many people have had issues receiving post recently.  Only getting post a couple of times a week.  Christmas cards sent in December still not received.  Some have had parcel deliveries delayed too. 

We know posties are currently working very hard, but Citizens Advice has seen a huge increase in the number of people coming to us for advice about post and parcel issues, and people in rural areas are getting an even worse service than those in urban areas.


If you haven’t received any letters in your post, think about if there’s anything you were expecting such as bills that might be due.  If you’re missing a bill you could check your account online to see how else you could pay.  Lots of businesses offer online chat, email and phone as a way to contact them. 

If you’re worried about missing letters about any benefits you receive you can contact the Department for Work and Pensions on the number given on any previous letters you’ve had.  If you have questions about Universal Credit and don’t have a digital account, call the Universal Credit helpline on 0800 328 5644.

You can check Royal Mail’s website – – for information on areas which may be experiencing delays.

If your post has been damaged, lost or delayed, check our website for information on your right to compensation:


If you bought something from a business to be delivered, it’s the seller’s responsibility to make sure the item is delivered to you.

If the seller used a courier, they should chase the courier to find out what’s happened to your order – it’s not your responsibility.  Check the delivery address you gave the seller then contact them and ask where your order is.

If the seller claims they’ve delivered it or don’t know where it is, you can ask for a redelivery.  You might be able to get a refund in some circumstances where the delivery time was essential and you let the trader know ahead of time.  

Under the Consumer Rights Act, you can ask the seller to deliver the item again if the item wasn’t delivered either:

• by an agreed date

• within a reasonable time – usually within 30 days.

If the new delivery fails to come within a reasonable time you can ask the trader for a refund.

Check out our website for more information:

If you ordered something from a private seller or if you think a seller had broken the law by refusing to deliver an item, you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 or check the webpage for other ways to get in touch.

If you would like to make an appointment, or would like help with any other issue, please contact your local Citizens Advice:

Ring our FREE Adviceline on 0808 278 7962 (option 4)

Mon to Thurs – 9.30am to 4pm

Call into one of our drop in sessions at the Eden Centre

Mon to Thurs – 10am to 3pm

Email us anytime at

Appointments also available in Westerham